What should I look for when buying health insurance in India?
Health Insurance is like a sapling, which wont grow everywhere and it needs proper attention by a Gardener.
When you plan to buy health insurance, check these points.
- Make sure to understand Policy terms and conditions. Now how to do it is upto you. Buy from An online web aggregator or A web portal or an Insurance Agent or An Insurance broker or a Full time Health Insurance Agent . But understand well as you are the end user and if something goes wrong, you will end up loosing money
- How much Budget you can spare ? This will decide point no 3
- How much cover you need ? A person living in West Bengal village or Mumbai have different need. You can decide it as per the area, if you are traveling a lot.
- Do you need Individual or Family Floater ?Now both policies have different benefits. Understand it well from the POINT OF SALES, from where you are buying. If he / she cant convince you , buy from else where.
- Which hospitals are on cashless network nearby the place, where you are living ?
- PVT and PSU companies have different set of values and work culture, take guidance for it.
- If you are not gonna move to a big city , then buy a cheaper policy from a company, which provide zone wise premium discount. I mean , why pay extra ..
- Ask your POINT OF SALES, which are things , which are not covered at all …ever.. Its important for you to know.
- Know the process, how to add or delete family members in future .. ( These online web aggregator wont help you in this for sure later on, They are good on selling)
- Most important, understand whether you can manage policy on your own , if Yes, Buy from any source. IF NO, Then buy from anywhere, but a human being should be point of contact, whom you can ask anything and who will help you in claim.
To need expert advice on any matter, SMS/Whatsapp /Call at 7015143936